Thursday, March 12, 2009

Romeo and 2

Well hello reader! My name is Raphael du Monte, and I have decided to start writing in this notebook regularly about anything and everything that is in my thoughts because that’s what bored people do. It might also help me in making a book someday.

I solemnly swear to write all my thoughts and feelings truthfully into this notebook as long as it is within my power or authority to do so.

Now that we’re done with the “oh so” formal introduction, let me just recap what happened this day

The day started extremely tiring because I was up late playing games with Gregory and Eisen up to nearly past twelve. I woke up grumpy and not in the mood to talk, but my mother had plans for today. She has planned for us to go to this Christmas party where my cousins were. I felt like it was too much of a bother to go to this party. I wasn’t in the mood to socialize and talk to other people but my mother’s word is law. It was fine really, some of my really close relatives weren’t there though.

As sad as I am right now, I am happy to say that I am still not tired thinking about her. There were times that I could’ve sworn I was in need to talk to her. I wanted to just sit down on a couch and talk to her over the phone. The Christmas break soon seemed like a long break away from her, which depresses me.

Amidst all these selfishness, I realized later on that she might want to spend her Christmas with her relatives who occasionally visit rather than spend it with me, a dude who’s free any time. I stopped texting her then, because she might be too busy or might have other more important things to do.

I kept debating whether I should call her right now, and just seclude myself from the party. Immature, I know. You went to a party to speak and get to know your relatives and you’re in a corner talking with someone on the phone. As much as I wanted to call her, I also had to think about the possibility of her brother, parents, aunties, or whoever else is in their house picking up the phone. So as a final conclusion, I decided I shouldn’t keep her from her relatives.

The party was fun, but not as fun as it could’ve been if. Never mind. It’s useless.

As soon as I got home, I called her after dialing and hanging up as usual. It was this routine game I play with myself. I memorized her number already, doing all these dialing and hanging up. It might’ve been me too, just having fun memorizing her number.

After a teaspoon of courage, she finally picked up with her gentle and soft hello. She immediately explained that she had no load anymore, so she couldn’t reply at all.

I felt embarrassed and so desperate to talk to her. I might’ve her nearly six times without any reply from her. Awkward.

We only talked for a short while, but hearing her soft soothing words, that simple greeting “hello”, that intonation and diction of hers that I am sure that forms a smile on her face is enough to make my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home