Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life summarized is a roller coaster.

It's funny how I am afraid of roller coasters at my age of 16. I mean, I should be excited for each but I don't know. It just scares the shit out of me. Especially the waiting part.

God. The waiting part could kill me as slow as a spoon could cut you. First waiting part would be getting to the line. At this part, I'd be thinking, holy crap. How did my friend just convince me to get here? Hey man (talking to myself), if you're not sure then you don't have to go. I mean, you can still be a the bigger man without doing this. Come on! GET OUT OF THE FUCKING LINE!

Then when you get to the line, some strangers line up behind you. You can't get out now. It would be the worst kind of cowardice ever to break a line just because you're scared. I remember the elevator ride thingy in the U.S. that I rode. I asked if I could get out off the line but the lady heartlessly said "no". I was like, okay fine. If I die, then it's on your conscience.

So now, you're stuck in the line, thinking, Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap. Then you hear the swoosh of the ride, then you continue! holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap.

Breathing would get faster, asthma would start to attack, and random shit would be happening. Funny though, I never felt like I needed a piss when I rode roller coasters.

The next waiting would be choosing seats on the roller coaster waiting for it to start. I mean, it's like choosing your mode of death. Would it be at the very end? at the very start? gay middle?

Then, the ride starts. As the ride slowly increases in its height or ascension, you can't find the air.

Then woosh. The ride's over. Haha.

You get off the ride and say, "Holy crap! I conquered this shit! >.< I can go again whenever I want to!"

Except you don't, unless your friends invite you. You just can't resist it anymore. Haha.

Now, telling you that long awful story about roller coasters wasn't my intention. I just realized a few minutes ago how similar this and love is. Come on. Check the comparison.

Once you are out of your ride, you feel like riding it again, except you're still scared. You wonder if you should go, but then again, no one's forcing you to.

Once out of a relationship, you feel like you need to have one again. Maybe someone to fill in the gap of what the other person left. But still, you're scared. You're scared to make the same mistakes as before.

But that's what life is. That's what love is. And funny, that's what roller coasters are about too.

It's about making mistakes and learning from them. Growing old from the fear of heights or fear or errors, until you realize that there's really nothing to be afraid of. Learning the ride itself, its ups and downs, and enjoying it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cami said...

aahhh... :D and hey you were the one who helped me get over it so yah thanks mr. sap-lo! :D

April 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger raphaeldumonte said...

welcome ms. ivera! ;]

April 15, 2009 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger OMGia! said...

wow. is all i can say.

April 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home