Monday, April 20, 2009

Bird's point of view

It may be called the dream world, but really now. Do people really dream about these things?

The valley of rainbows used to be the most colorful and most dominant dreams found in these lands. I must have not noticed the drastic change because I have stayed for quite some time already.

But really now! Madness. suicide. pressure. stress. Of all the things to dream about, why trouble yourself? In a place where anything you want can happen, why not want for the things that makes you happy?

"They don't know what they want." said an eerie voice quietly, a dark figure nearing Matthew.

"So, they think of things they're handling because they are confused?"

"Yes. They create their own nightmares, their own fears, their own worries."

"Silly humans."

"You were once a human, Matthew."

"Yes. I ... yeah. I guess I'm lucky I'm finished with that lifetime." I said, while slowly extending my primaries to its full length. Admiring my beautiful coat as it flows gracefully from my mantle, i returned to the Lord of Dreams.

"But don't you think they might be dreaming about the future?" I asked, returning my wings to its proper place.I faced Morpheus hoping to find answers, his black eyes twinkling with its own illumination.

"The future is not a constant. No one knows what the future has in store for us. None but my eldest brother."

"Have you tried asking him?" I asked, nudged by curiosity.

"There is no use in finding out what lies in the future. If we knew, would we change it? could we change it? would it still happen if we don't do anything to reach it? There are complications, Matthew, and there are reasons for not knowing it. If the people dream about what could possibly happen, then it is up to them to live it through," he said, with a tone that ends the conversation.

He paused for a moment, and took a step forward. After a few seconds, there appeared a strip from reality, a large gaping hole suspended in the air.

In it were noisy men drinking beer with their chins to the heavens, their booze pouring from barrels.

"You're going to visit someone's dream?"

"My dear Matthew," he said, as he slowly stepped into the rift, "this is reality."

He was gone in a blink and all that's left was Matthew, perched on a greenless tree.

Sometimes it was difficult to talk to Dream. Maybe after living for so long knowledge just accumulates and stacks up. His speech about the future was too much to satisfy my inquisitiveness, and frankly, it didn't matter to me that much.

I just turned away and extended my wings once more. Flying away to nowhere, led by none other than curiosity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home