Monday, April 27, 2009

holding hands with ice cream on our lips.


She was so adventurous, it was hard to keep up. I did my best to follow her all around the park, pretending I couldn't keep up with her. She always found it funny that I couldn't reach her. She had that bright smile that cheered me up very much.

Her smile, every time she would turn around and stick out her tongue, was very pretty.

"Hey!" She said, sitting beside me on the bench.

"You're tired already?" She challenged, her witty remarks always hit me where I was weakest.

"Of course not!" I retorted, standing up to prove myself.

"Well good! Whoever reaches the big apple tree on the other side of the park last will have to buy us something to drink!" she said, running after her first few words, leaving me wondering what she was screaming.

As soon as I realized what she was saying, I ran after her once more. Our afternoons run like this every day, until we would have to go back home for supper.

She was near the apple tree when she suddenly stopped. Her happy and cheerful face changed into a curious, wondering face, the one that usually happens when her dad tells her something new.

I slowed down, but then she sprinted towards a bush past the apple tree.

"Huh?" I wondered. I followed her behind the bush, and like ninjas in a mission, we were deathly quiet.

Her eyes were fixed on something, while her hands divided the bush to make way for her sight.

"What is it?" I asked, my breathing slowing down.

"Look." She said.

Pointing with her fingers, my eyes followed. On the park's bench, under the shade of the tree was an older boy and girl sitting together holding hands. It was awkward to look at, but the two seemed to like each other very much.

The boy held her hand securely, caressing her hand, while the girl rested her head on his shoulders. The boy's head tilted closer to the girl's, and he looked like he was whispering to her something.

"I love you."

"What?" I said, surprised.

"The boy said I love you to the girl." she said, looking shocked, disbelieving, and excited all at the same time. She stopped rummaging through the bush and the sight of the couple was gone.

"Wow." I said, speechless.

"Yeah... wow." She said, pausing. Sitting down properly, (like a lady, i must add) she continued "I wonder what it would be like, when we're older. What it would feel like to love someone,"

"I wouldn't know. I think all of that is rubbish," I said, rubbing my nose, the strike of the sun was truly hot.

"Oh that's what you say!" She said, her tone changing, defensive. "How nice it would be for someone to be there when you're hurt, or when you have no one to play with."

"Well, I'd always be here to play with you." I said, trying to disprove her. Or was I? I felt something else too. Something I haven't felt before.

She paused for a moment, and nothing was said.

"That's true."

We were both lying down beside a leafy bush, a place no one else knew about. We were both staring at the clouds, just passing by. I wondered what she was thinking about.

"I think... that it isn't really rubbish." I said slowly.

"Well that's nice. " she said, her sincere smile evident from her tone.

We were once again, quietly lying down on the park.

"Do you love me?"

I heard her, but I didn't know what to say. Love is such a big word. It's an adult's word, and they use it for special people. But she's special to me!

I stared long and hard at her eyes, hoping to find the answer. Time seemed to stand still, waiting for my move.

"Yes, I love you very much. Do you love me?" I said, throwing the question back at her.

She only smiled, and it saddened me. I looked away, blushing and ashamed.

I was thinking of what to do next when I felt something on my cheek.

"Yes I love you too."

She kissed me on my cheek. And that was one of the happiest days of my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger OMGia! said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:>:>:>:>:>
wonder who this girl could be?
gosh i want this to happen. if not for me, for yoou.:>

April 27, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger OMGia! said...

i want to have a photo like that. with you know who.:>:>

April 27, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger raphaeldumonte said...

yeah the photo is cool. :0

April 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Cami said...

eh-ma-gawd! soooo sweet!!! awww! :)

April 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

It's not your best, but it's nice :)

April 28, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home